Full Job Description
Senior Sales Advisor – Cambridge Strings
Full or Part time up to 37.5 hours per week
Up to 5 days per week, ideally including Saturdays
Starting salary in the region of £18.00 per hour
Cambridge Strings is a specialist stringed musical instrument store based in the heart of Cambridge. We cater for all musicians, from beginners to advanced players, offering a quality service, based on over 45 years’ experience in music retail. Opened in April 2009, we are the leading retailer of acoustic stringed instruments in the area, offering specialist services in the sale, rental, repair and maintenance of violins, violas, cellos, double basses, and guitars. We offer a unique, highly personalized service, giving customers the peace of mind of speaking to experts whilst in a relaxed and professional setting. We value our reputation for the highest levels of customer service, for which we have won several awards.
Due to the continued and planned further expansion of our store, we have a vacancy for a Senior Sales Advisor. The role requires excellent communication skills, a friendly and personable demeanor, and ideally* a good knowledge of stringed instruments, accessories and printed music. A background in retail or sales is desirable but not essential. We would like the successful candidate to help us expand the store in the long term and, whilst doing so, take on an increasingly managerial role, with commensurate remuneration.
The roles will include:
- Serving customers
- Giving advice on stringed instrument purchasing, rental, maintenance and repairs
- The processing and managing of orders, sales and repairs
- General day-to-day store activities and housekeeping
- Maintenance of our website and social media
- Creating promotional material
- Liaising with sales representatives and suppliers
- Representing the shop at public events
Ideal Candidate Requirements*
All applicants will ideally* meet the following requirements:
- Ability to play violin, viola or cello
- Retail or sales skills
- Good communication skills – interpersonal, written and telephone
- Ability to work unaided with clear instructions and as a part of a team
- Background in performance and/or string teaching
- Ability to work with children and a wide range of people
- IT, website design or marketing skills
* NB. These are ideal requirements; but we will certainly consider any candidate that cannot fulfill some or all of them but believes that they have abilities, qualities, ambitions or other experience that would make them suitable for the roles.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with an outline of how you consider your education and experience aligns with our candidate specification.